- About the Test
- Preparation Steps
- Changes & Withdrawal
- Certificates & Transcripts
Fees & Payment
California High School Proficiency Exam testing fees must be paid by money order or cashier’s check and are non-refundable. The amount is based on the date when your completed packet of registration materials (including your registration form, proof of eligibility, payment and any other required materials) arrives in the CHSPE Office. When you fill out your registration form, you need to decide what fee is appropriate based on:
- How much more preparation time you will need to gather your materials
- How much shipping time it will take for your materials to arrive in Sacramento, California based on your intended method of shipment, and
- How much time remains until the next registration deadline
If you can get your materials to the CHSPE Office by:
- By the Regular Registration Deadline, your fee will be $110.00
- By the Late Registration Deadline, your fee will be $135.00
- By the Emergency Registration Deadline, your fee will be $160.00
Your fee must be paid in the form of a money order or bank-issued cashier's check.
No personal checks, credit cards, or cash will be accepted.
Please make your money order or cashier’s check out to the "California Department of Education."
Note: If your registration materials arrive after the deadline that you have chosen or if they are incomplete when they arrive, you will be responsible for the additional registration fees. You will be registered and allowed to test, but you will not receive results until your account is paid in full. If for any reason your payment is not honored by its issuing financial institution, you will be charged an additional $25 fee to cover the processing to clear your account. Your exam results will not be provided and you will not be allowed to register for future CHSPE administrations until your account, including the additional $25 fee, is paid in full.